Human Connectivity: The Missing Ingredient in Digital Transformation
Long-lasting, impactful digital transformation requires an acute knowledge of the people,processes, and systems that comprise your organization. Successful digital transformation necessitates understanding how your tangible assets -equipment, machinery, and facilities - operate to deliver value.
It requires active participation and behavior change from people at all levels of an organization. This level of stakeholder engagement provides leaders with the insight and perspective needed to see what their specific organization needs -- not just what’s been done before.However, achieving this level of integrated engagement at scale can seem difficult, if not almost impossible. Asset data comes from multiple sources.
It takes time to integrate and analyze what’shappening. But swift decision-making and evaluation requires a solution that provides real-time,integrated insight into asset performance and location. And on people engagement, surveys provide snapshot-in-time perspectives, but lack specificity and real-time input. How can leaders collect and organize input from hundreds, even thousands, of stakeholders? More than that, how can they assess sentiment, extract meaningful insights, and use this information to make decisions?
This interactive presentation will provide Digital Transformation leaders with strategies and practical tools to engage people in change initiatives, lead positive behavior change to accompany technology implementation, and ultimately, drive successful transformation across their organizations.
● Better define opportunities for digital transformation by collecting input from the peopleclosest to the processes that need to change.
● Ideate new, creative ways to solve your problems.
● Customize solutions according to your organization’s specific needs.
● Understand employee and client sentiment at scale.
● Drive lasting change -- technology adoption and behavioral change -- by engaging people in your transformation initiatives.